Dy Wakefield Group
Minister of Culture, Media and Sport - Clemson
|Active since||13-02-2017||Job category||Hospitality / Tourism / Recreat...|
|Educational level||Bachelor / Graduate||Employment type||-|
In this dynamic role you will be responsible planning our Spring, Summer and Fall Empowering You Events, Partner Events and company functions.
This position requires maturity and professionalism to support a high level executive and work efficiently in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of prior experience.
Outstanding organizational and written and verbal communication skills are a must. Excellent benefits and bonus potential!
You will be handling several divisions.
Responsible for coordinating events, including planning menus, booking musicians, putting up decorations, ordering flowers, hiring bartenders, and ensuring the event runs smoothly.
• Coordinate details of Empowering You Events, charity events, Community Events, Company Sports Events, employee appreciation events and etc.
• Calculate budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
• Book talent, including musicians, bands, and disc jockeys.
• Select chefs or catering companies to prepare food for event.
• Sample food and select dishes for menus.
• Visit venue to plan layout of seating and decorations.
• Schedule speakers, vendors, and participants.
• Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
• Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to publicize event.
• Edit and design promotional materials.
• Prepare presentations.
• Develop and oversee fundraising events.
• Negotiate and secure event space.
• Secure sponsorships.
• Work with printer and designer to develop event invitations.
• Create invitee list.
• Send out invitations and manage RSVP list.
• Hire staff to manage the event, including bouncers and security personnel.
• Manage correspondence.
• Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
• Keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials.
• Assist at events
Be able to pass background and drug screening tests.
Experience and qualifications required:
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree and experience working in the planning or related field, like hotel management.
Hospitality management degrees, degrees in marketing, advertising, or business management are also considered.
Experience in planning is key, and once hired, you will learn quickly in the field.
• Communication: Event coordinators talk to clients, listening to their needs and presenting ideas and solutions to their requirements. They also work with suppliers, contractors, employees, wait staff and many other parties at the same time. Customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
• Calm under Pressure: Many things can go wrong during an event, and something eventually will. Event coordinators need to remain calm during crisis and the high pressure of an event in progress.
• Computer Skills: Modern event planners rely on computers to communicate, plan, budget and organize their events.
• Negotiation Skills: Event coordinators will need negotiation skills to work out prices with clients and contractors.
• Organization: Many things happen all at once at meetings. Event coordinators need to stay focused and organized so that the event goes off without a hitch.
• Problem-Solving Skills: Inevitably, something will go wrong at an event. Being able to quickly solve the issue is required.
USA and International
Hospitality / Tourism / Recreation
|Industry / Industries||
|Name||Minister of Labor|